gpgme pinentry-tty return mangling and cnt-j

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 6 07:19:51 UTC 2019

On Mon,  4 Mar 2019 09:14, kevin at 8t8.us said:

> Yes, to support the tty pinentry, we would have to exit curses
> (endwin) every place a prompt could occur.

Actually the endwin could be called on demand by hooking into the
PINENTRY_LAUNCHED status callback.  This would avoid all unnecessary
calls to endwin.  Given that Mutt uses curses I don't think it makes
sense to support the pinentry-tty.  That pinentry was written for
environments where curses can't be used.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner