mutt/autocrypt integration released (muacrypt-0.9.0)

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Mon Nov 26 14:35:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

just released muacrypt-0.9.0 with documented mutt/autocrypt integration:

https://muacrypt.readthedocs.io/mutt.html

FWIW I successfully used it to scan 60K messages in three of my accounts and
am using it in my own mail setup now for both incoming and outgoing mail.

The mutt/muacrypt combo supports key gossiping and automatically, transparently
encrypts otherwise-cleartext mail if recommended by Autocrypt's recommendation algorithm.
Manual key selection or other decisions about keys are not neccessary.
If a mail is already encrypted muacrypt leaves it alone.

Very happy about any trials, comments or PRs you might do or have!

best,
holger