FYI: I am working on crypt-gpgme.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Nov 20 19:34:12 UTC 2018

Hi!

I have not been working on Mutt for more than decade but I think the
crypto code, and in particular, the gpgme interface needs some overhaul.
There is some bit rot because when I initially wrote that code gpgme was
in its early days and we can now do much better.

There is not much now but over the next weeks I hope to get the code up
to modern standards.  If you want to follow that work, you may look at
my tree at git://git.gnupg.org/people/wk/mutt.git, branch wk/gpgme.

Some things I plan to fix:

- Fix the import keys (Ctrl-K) to again list something useful.
- Add the missing traditional pgp format to the gpgme interface.
- Change the key selection dialog to present the keys in the same order
  as gpg uses internally and which is also used by KMail and Outlook.
- Support the Web Key Directory.
- Prepare for v5 keys (rfc4880bis)

Shall I start to send patches once 1.11 has been released?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner