MUTT_PERSONAL_RECIP exceptions based on From: field?

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Thu Sep 20 19:23:09 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:06:07PM -0400, John A Hawkinson wrote:
> Unfortunately, more and more mailing lists (Mailchimp, &c.) these days
> have seen fit to put one's personal address in the To: field, making
> it more annoying. In most cases it's feasible to change the list
> subscription address such that that doesn't happen, but in some cases
> not.

I think this kind of post should to go to mutt-users first.  My
impression is of a pain point too specific to merit a patch to Mutt.

However, that list constitutes a much broader selection of users who may
have great ideas.  A discussion there may find a solution for you, or
perhaps will illuminate a deficiency in Mutt that needs addressing.

Off the top of my head, I would suggest looking into address groups.
Maybe a group would be easier to use when limiting,
e.g. "~p !%f mylists"

--
Kevin J. McCarthy