IMAP OAUTHBEARER patch

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Thu Jun 14 02:00:29 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 02:15:28PM -0700, Brandon Long wrote:
> Ah, and now with support for that for smtp as well.  This does make some of
> the smtp-auth stuff compiled in even without sasl support.
>
> And works with the following settings:
> set smtp_authenticators="oauthbearer"
> set smtp_url="smtps://XXXX@gmail.com@smtp.gmail.com:465"
> set smtp_pass=`/path/to/oauth2.py --user=XXXX at gmail.com
> --client_id=<client-id>.apps.googleusercontent.com
> --client_secret=<client-secret> --quiet --refresh_token=<refresh-token>`

I've pushed these up as two commits.

Right now I'm not in a position to actually test the OAUTH support, but
I figure the best way to do so is push it up and let other people try.

One concern I have with the smtp support is that smtp_pass will only be
invoked once during startup.  I think you mentioned the token is only
good for about an hour, so that would lead to failure after an hour of
running mutt right?

Once things are ironed out, we'll need to update the documentation too.

-Kevin

--
Kevin J. McCarthy