Problem with mutt version.sh script

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Apr 17 19:28:17 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 09:26:51AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:18:57AM -0400, Aaron Schrab wrote:

> Whoops, thank you Paul for pointing this out.

One wonders what systems these are, and whether this is even worth
considering.  If it is, I believe Bourne shell allows compound tests
like the following:

  [ -f $file -o -d $file ]

which I believe would cover it, though I don't have access to a
machine that currently has an original Bourne shell to test.  It is
becoming rather difficult to find on-line references to syntax for the
(now obsolete) original Bourne shell.  Most such refereces I can find
actually refer to bash, ksh, or other POSIX shell variants.

Wasn't there some recent-ish notion that Mutt would now require
vaguely modern (i.e. C99-compliant) systems to compile?  If so,
doesn't that implicitly include having a /bin/sh that is POSIX?

-=-=-=-=-