Mailing list status

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Wed Mar 14 15:24:16 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 08:57:29AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2018/03/13 00:44, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> > Would it be asking a lot to request an automatic "[mutt-dev] " subject
> > prefix? It really makes identifying the emails outside of the flashy
> > luxurious filterung Unix world (i.e. on my smartphone or in the
> > webmailer) so much easier!
>
> This has a cost: it breaks DKIM.

It also adds otherwise unnecessary useless info to the subject line,
increasing the number of columns/characers required to be displayed to
get useful info from the subject field in Mutt's display (or narrow
windows of whatever mailer).

Over the years this has come up numerous times and we've always
elected NOT to add it.  I'll throw in my continued vote to not add it.

-=-=-=-=-