mutt 2.2.4 released

Kevin J. McCarthy kevin at 8t8.us
Sat Apr 30 20:29:57 UTC 2022

Hello Mutt Users,

I've just released version 2.2.4.  Instructions for downloading are
available at <http://www.mutt.org/download.html>, or the tarball can be
directly downloaded from <http://ftp.mutt.org/pub/mutt/>.  Please take
the time to verify the signature file against my public key[1].

This is a bug-fix release, fixing some regressions with Maildir/mh
mailbox path normalization that were added in 2.2.0.

To be honest I debated between completely reverting the path
normalization or trying to fix it in a stable release.  For now, I've
decided to try a somewhat aggressive fix.

There is one known minor side-effect with $header_cache: a directory
must already exist for the value to be treated as a directory (also see
the UPDATING file).  However, if you notice any additional regressions
that impact your workflow please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who reported this issue and helped test the fix.

-Kevin

[1]
My public key is available at:
   - my personal website: https://www.8t8.us/configs/80316BDA.asc.pubkey